Tuesday, July 24, 2007

In Memory Of

Our Little Hero Donut
12 April 2005 - 3 July 2007



My little pug, Donut
All wrinkled but adorable face
You snort and sneeze
Snore and weeze beside my head

You're loved so dear and
You're always nearby my feet, you rest.
Wheverer I go, even to the bathroom,
You’ll always follow if only to be by my side

You want to eat my food eventhough I said 'no'
You'll stare and plead and insist for a bite
Rambutan, sweet potato, durian, bread,
Cheese, apples, oranges, mangoes
You’ll gobble down all in one bite

You love doing tricks for treats
You can say 'Hi Five'
Circle 3 times
Do Bow and Sit at my command

You'd sleep all day yet
sweet, gentle and friendly
Playful as can be
Chasing poodles, play hide and seek
Catch-me-if-you-can and more

Donut, you're one of life's great treasures
Whose value is untold
For you are a special pug
With an extraordinary heart

To him it matters little so long as we are there.
This chubby bundle's waiting for us
Through cloudy days or fine.
We will always remember him lying
Stretched out beside us at our feet
Always by our side and his curly tail untwine.

1 comment:

Kara (Turskey) Vaught said...

I am so sad to hear about Donut, I will miss reading about him greatly!