Monday, February 18, 2008

Healthy Diet

Nicejellybean does not like me eating especially canned food although sometimes I like having Cesar Lamb in moderation. She tries to prepare simple and nutritious meals that are low in fat and salt for me. It sounds bland and tasteless but it actually smells really good. Here I would like to share with everydoggy the recipe for chicken, kibbles and vegetable stew. Whenever Nicejellybean prepares this yummy food for dinner I would finnish everything without fail till my bowl's spanky clean. I luurve it a lot and I always want more. This is a meal I don't mind having every day !

Ingredients:
-1 potato peel and diced
-3 carrots diced
-1 onion diced
- tomatoes cut in half
- 1 piece chicken thigh or drumstick

Method:
Bring half pot of water to boil and add in the chicken, onions, tomatoes and carrots. Simmer and after 20 -30 minutes put in the diced potato into the pot. Next, simmer the soup for another 15 minutes and off the heat. That's it ! Very simple.


Once the vegetables have soften, scoop out some carrots, potatoes and shredded chicken. Mash everything and mix together with kibbles.



Does it look yummy or not ?


Do not disturb me. It is time to dig in.

I am quite the messy eater once I start eating. The food tend to splatter everywhere !



However, I usually finnish all my food and lick clean the whole bowl in the end. BURP. Yumz.



Actually hoomans like it too. This is Nicejellybean's bowl of stew with macaroni. For hoomans, do add a dash of soya sauce and a pinch of salt for flavour. Do you have any recipes which I may try ? Please do share with me your recipe for a nice meal.

6 comments:

Amber-Mae said...

Oh Mimi, your din dins looks sooo yummy! I like the chicken bits...Oh, good thing your hoomans boils the onions becoz onions are not really good for dogs. Many people say dogs will die from eating onions but not to worry. They stress & worry too much about it. It's not that all dangerous just as long as it is boiled & that you're not fed with too often. Once in a while is okay...

Oh my mommy usually gives us boiled chicken meat, with chicken soup (used to boil the chicken), broccolis, diced carrots, olive oil & kibbles. YUMMY!

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

Weeny&Daisy said...

Hi Mimi! Its lovely to meet you! What a pretty puggy you are! The dinner you showed looks delicious!

Love Weeny and Daisy xx xx

Urban Smoothie Read said...

u makes me drools again...eventhough i already had my dinner...

Lacy said...

woofies Mini, dat food lookies soooo yummmies...me will git my mama to fix me sum, heehee its ez she can mayb handle dat...

b safe,
;)lacylulu

Anonymous said...

That looks Puglicious! Mom and Dad use to make that for us everyday but now tey are too busy. We miss our home cooked food. We are glad you visited us nd look forward to getting to know about you guys. Happy Chinese New Year!

Archie and Melissa said...

hi mimi!
yummy! your dinner looks wonderful. i especially like your final slurp!
emmitt and i also really liked your adventures at that fun dog party!
it is so nice to meet you!
melissa & emmitt